Yield: 6 8-oz servings | Prep time: 20 minutes | Total time: 3.5 hours
3 lbs sirloin steaks
1/4 cup soy sauce
2 Tbsp water
1 Tbsp vegetable oil
1 Tbsp garlic, minced
1 Tbsp brown sugar
1/2 tsp ground ginger
1/2 tsp black pepper 1/2 tsp meat tenderizer
- Cut steak into portion-sized pieces if needed.
- Combine marinade ingredients and pour over steak. Marinade, turning every hour, for at least 2 hours and up to 24.
- Preheat the oven to 225 degrees.
- Remove steaks from marinade and line on a grill (cook rare). Remove from the heat and place in an oven-safe dish.
- Heat marinade in a saucepan to a boil over medium heat. Pour over the lined steaks. Place in the pre-heated oven and let cook for an hour, until steak is tender.
Alternatively: marinate and grill the steaks to the desired temperature and serve immediately.